Band Camp for the JDHS Marching Band begins July 16, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Camp will be two weeks ending July 27, with a performance at 5 p.m. for band parents.
Beginning July 30, rehearsals will be Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 3 to 5 p.m. Non-comps will have rehearsals Thursdays from 3 to 5 p.m. beginning Aug. 2. They must attend band camp.
Bring tennis shoes (no boots, sandals, or flip-flops), sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, water, instrument with accessories (oils, greases, etc.), and most importantly, a good attitude.
* Fees are $100 plus $10 for hemming, as needed. Black MTX marching shoes from last year will be inspected and if passed, the fee will be $60 plus $10 for hemming.
* Bring shoes to registration Monday to be inspected. If they are not brought in the first few days they will be charged $40m.
* Turn in at least $50 at registration towards fees. T-shirts and other items will procured in the first few days.
* Outstanding fees from previous years need to be paid at registration.
* Bring your insurance card to be copied.
* Bring case of water to registration to be stored and used by marchers during summer and fall.
* Follow the Band Facebook for announcements.
* The first Band Booster meeting will be July 24 at 6:30 p.m.
For questions or if you need to miss a rehearsal, contact, ahead of time, Band Director Charles Westman at (912) 699-5029.